In Edgar Wright’s ‘The World’s End,’ five friends who reunite in an attempt to top their epic pub crawl from 20 years earlier unwittingly become humankind’s only hope for survival.
THE WORLD’S END is a great movie. Hilarious, heartfelt, brilliant, action packed. It’s everything we go to the movies for.
It’s a great audience movie. It’s also a great drinking movie. Therefor, it’s a great movie to see with an audience after sharing some cold (or warm) ones with some friends. I imagine, once it hits home video, that it will become the centerpiece of many grand drinking games.
But the amazing thing about The World’s End is that it’s playing in thousands of theaters around the world, most likely one near you, right now. You can take advantage of that awesome fact this weekend and MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER at the same time.
Follow these steps:
1. Locate a neighborhood in your town or city with a heavy concentration of bars and pubs.
2. Find this neighborhood’s local movie theater, which, more likely than not, is showing THE WORLD’S END this weekend.
3. Pick one of the pubs in said neighborhood, preferably located 10-20 minutes by foot from the movie theater, ideally with 3-11 pubs in between.
4. Do not drive, but find a way to go, with all your friends, to above pub. Have a drink. And walk to the next pub.
5. Repeat step 4 until, like the characters in the film, you reach THE WORLD’S END.
6. Watch THE WORLD’S END and have a fucking blast.
7. Repeat 1-6 next weekend.
This process is guaranteed, without fail, to lead to the most fun night you’ve had in a long time. A fortunate side effect or your actions will be your support of terrific movie making and terrific local establishments.